GCI’s vision for Healthy Church is focused on healthy leadership and healthy ministries. The resources linked below help congregations grow in these two key areas of Spirit-led participation in the ministry of Christ. For resources related to additional aspects of church health, click here.
Healthy Leadership (R.E.A.L. Teams)
Key to Healthy Church is team-based, pastor-led leadership—what GCI calls REAL teams. For an overview infographic, click here, for videos that unpack the details, click on these links:
- R. relationally connected
- E. enthusiastically engaged
- A. affirming
- L. liberating leaders
See Mix Up Your Meetings for help in conducting effective, team-based (REAL) leadership meetings.
Healthy Ministries (Faith, Hope and Love Venues)
Key to Healthy Church is vibrancy in the three venues (environments) noted below where, by the power of the Spirit, disciple-making ministry occurs. For an infographic that addresses all three venues, click here. For infographics specific to each venue, click on the links below.
Love Venue (witness)
- How to Identify Your Target Community – connecting with nearby, unchurched people.
- Missionary vs. Missional – developing “missional rhythms” within your congregation.
- Greeter Ministry – mobilizing a team that extends hospitality to guests and members.
- Connection Card – a tool for building relationships with guests and visitors (includes a template for making your own branded connection card).
- Thank You Postcard – a tool for building relationships with visitors, donors and volunteer workers (includes three templates with instructions for making GCI-branded postcards).
- Congregation Brochure and Postcard – a helpful and intentional way to connect with visitors and make your church’s presence known to the community.
Hope Venue (worship)
- Order of Service – for a Christ-centered, gospel-shaped worship experience.
- Countdown to Service – tips for a smooth transition from fellowship to starting the service.
- GCI-Branded PowerPoints – customizable presentations that connect members during worship.
- Teacher vs. Preacher – preaching in ways that connect, uplift and transform.
- Receiving the Offering – why and how to participate in the offering during the worship service.
- Parking Lot to Pew – tips on ways to improve your assimilation ministry.
- Benedictions – ending the service with a benediction is a powerful way to empower the congregation to take the church outside the walls and into the community.
- Branded Signage – customizable signs to make your presence known in your community and to help guests find their way around and feel comfortable.