Healthy church is the fruit of health in several key aspects of congregational life, including the two addressed on this page—healthy leadership and healthy ministries. For additional discipleship resources, click here.
Healthy Leadership (REAL Teams)
Key to healthy church is leadership that is pastor-led and team-based—what GCI refers to as REAL teams. For an infographic that defines what this means, click here. For videos that unpack the details, click on these links:
- Introduction to REAL teams
- Relationally connected
- Enthusiastically engaged
- Liberating leaders
Healthy Ministries (Faith, Hope & Love Venues)
Key to healthy church is vibrancy in three areas (venues) of disciple-making ministry: the love venue (incarnational connection), the hope venue (inclusive gathering), and the faith venue (intentional discipleship). Health in these venues yields Christ-centered, Spirit-led relationship. For an infographic that addresses all three venues, click here. For infographics specific to each venue, click on the links below.
Love Venue (incarnational connection)
- How to Identify Your Target Community – connecting with nearby, unchurched people.
- Missionary vs. Missional – developing “missional rhythms” within your congregation.
- Greeter Ministry – mobilizing a team that extends hospitality to guests and members.
- Connection Card – a tool for building relationships with guests and visitors (includes a template for making your own branded connection card).
- Thank You Postcard – a tool for building relationships with visitors, donors and volunteer workers (includes three templates with instructions for making GCI-branded postcards).
Hope Venue (inclusive gathering)
- Order of Service – for a Christ-centered, gospel-shaped worship experience.
- Countdown to Service- tips for a smooth transition from fellowship to starting the service.
- Teacher vs. Preacher – preaching in ways that connect, uplift and transform.
- Receiving the Offering – why and how to participate in the offering during the worship service.
- Parking Lot to Pew – tips on ways to improve your assimilation ministry.