Loving kids. Developing leaders. Sending a generation.
GCI Generations Ministries (GenMin) provides youth ministry support services
to GCI-USA congregations through camps, mission trips, and leader development programs.
Gen Min Goals
Disciple Children and Youth
Children are not only the future, they are the now. GenMin coordinates programs and provides resources to help young people live like Jesus, love like Jesus, and make disciples like Jesus.
Develop Churches that Effectively Engage and Equip Young People
In order to effectively disciple young people, churches must be able to: meet young people where they are; be skilled in building relationships with youth; contextualize the gospel for the younger generation; and create spaces for them to practice their ministry gifts. GenMin supports GCI congregations in becoming places where children and youth spiritually thrive.
Strengthen the Skills of Youth Workers
The most transformative influence in a child’s life is a relationship with a caring adult. GenMin seeks to surround our young people with adults who not only love them in Christ, but have the skills to help youth navigate their lives in a way that leads them into deeper communion with God.
Leader Development Programs
GenMin, in partnership with other GCI ministries and affiliated educational institutions, helps
older teens and young adults develop as leaders who serve GCI congregations and ministries.
As shown in the diagram above, GCI has multiple development tracks on its Leadership Pathway, as well as our affiliated academic institutions, programs for young emerging leaders at GenMin camps and mission trips, and GenMin leader development events like this:
- Youth Vision: a column dedicated to the adults who are actively participating in the discipleship of children and youth.
- Age-graded resources: a catalog with links to books, articles, websites and curricula to use in discipling children, teens, young adults, older adults and families (including parenting and marriage)
- Resources for RCL-synced children and teen studies/classes:
- Spark House curricula (various options for children and teen teaching curricula, including ones synced with the RCL)
- Ministry to Children (lessons synced with RCL)
- Trinitarian children’s lessons (by Jonathan Stepp – free lessons for various seasons in the worship year, including the upcoming Advent season)
- Sermons 4 Kids (free RCL synced resource)