In this episode, host Joe Brannen, interviews GCI President Greg Williams. Together they discuss what it means to be an affirming leader and the impact that it has on the team.
“[affirmation] It’s the character of God. We serve a God who loves us. We serve a God who is for us. So, when we treat each other in the same way, we can face these challenges because we are going to do it together.” – Greg Williams, GCI President
- Who is Greg Williams? (6:07)
- What are the benefits of team-based leadership? (9:52)
- What does it mean to be affirming? (12:36)
- What is the difference between calling up and calling out? (14:32)
- How does affirmation have an impact on our team culture? (18:26)
- What are some small initial steps leaders can do to build an affirming culture in our teams? (31:07)