Key to Healthy Church is vibrancy in the three avenues where, by the power of the Spirit, disciple-making ministry occurs. The Love Avenue (witness) includes: mapping your neighborhood, missional events, and making friends/disciples. Check out the video and PowerPoint that overviews Love Avenue, and click on the links below for additional resources.
LOVE AVENUE (witness)
ADDIITIONAL LOVE AVENUE TOOLS: Starter sessions for building your Love Avenue
- Christmas Service Invitation – reflect on the love of Christ this season and invite your neighbors to your Christmas service with a door hanger and postcard invitation to your local Christmas Service.
- Congregation Brochure and Postcard – a helpful and intentional way to connect with visitors and make your church’s presence known to the community.
- Connection Card – a tool for building relationships with guests and visitors (includes a template for making your own branded connection card).
- Easter Service Invitation & Follow-Up – as the most attended church service every year, Easter Sunday is a great opportunity to invite those who don’t normally attend to visit your church.
- Greeter Ministry – mobilizing a team that extends hospitality to guests and members.
- How to Identify Your Target Community – connecting with nearby, unchurched people.
- Missionary vs. Missional – developing “missional rhythms” within your congregation.
- Neighborhood Engagement Planning checklist – help your team plan a fun-filled event that connects back to the life of your congregation.
- Thank You Postcard – a tool for building relationships with visitors, donors and volunteer workers (includes three templates with instructions for making GCI-branded postcards).
GC Podcast Episodes: