What is the Ministry Intern Program?
The Ministry Intern Program is a 4-year hands-on church ministry experience for those interested in exploring ministry leadership. Rather than taking a “one-size-fits-all” approach, the program allows for a variety of gifts to be expressed, giving interns room to flex, grow, and develop in a way unique to their God-given calling. We seek to raise generations of Christian leaders equipped and empowered to participate in the ministry of Jesus Christ as expressed in GCI healthy churches and according to God-given gifting and calling.
Key Program Features:
- 4-year internship
- Paid, part-time work in the church, typically 8 hours per week
- Open to full-time undergraduate students
- Currently offered at US Ministry Training Center
- Ministry mentoring, coaching, hands-on ministry training, ministry leadership opportunities, formal trainings, ministry exploration and discernment of calling, participation in GCI events
- Fundraising: interns agree to fundraise 50% of their salary estimated at $2,200 annually. Upon acceptance to the program interns will be asked to fundraise 10% of their annual fundraising goal prior to program start date. Fundraising training
and support will be provided.
Who is a Ministry Intern Candidate?
- At least 18 years old with a high school diploma or equivalent, enrolled in full-time undergraduate education
- Available and willing to devote 4-years to the internship without interruption
- Available and willing to relocate to a Ministry Training Center if not already local
- Interest in church ministry leadership exploration and development
- Previous experience serving in church ministry in any capacity
- Understand and agree with GCI’s statement of beliefs and Trinitarian theology
Interested in pursuing a Ministry Internship?
A written application (including a $50 application fee, resume, and references) and interview are required for application to the program. Those considering applying to the Ministry Intern Program are encouraged to read chapters 1-3 and 6-9 of the Ministry Intern and Pastoral Resident Manual to gain a fuller understanding of the program before applying. For more information about the program and to discuss application, please email GCI Development Coordinator Cara Garrity at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ministry Intern and Resident Manual (9/2023)
- Ministry Intern Job Description
- Ministry Intern Application
We invite you to support our leadership development programs by donating to the GCnext fund.