In this episode, Anthony Mullins, interviews Marty Davey. Marty pastors our GCI Congregation in Jacksonville, Florida, and Woodbine, Georgia. Together they discuss the role of the Church Life Coordinator in the Faith Avenue.
“Whatever type of activity you’re doing, do you see people being happy? Are they enjoying themselves? We live in a world that’s full of struggles, with many ups and downs, and live is going to have a lot of pain. Even for Christians, so anything we can do to lift people up
and bring people enjoyment is so good.
It is so good for mental health, so good for spiritual health, and is so good for the bonding love and unity that we need in the church – which also results in people more likely to stay in the church.”
–Pastor Marty Davey
- What in the world is a Church Life Coordinator and how does it support the Faith Avenue? (8:13)
- How does a Church Life Coordinator compliment the GCI vision of Healthy Church? (11:16)
- Give us a sketch of who would be an ideal candidate for a Cross Generational Care Coordinator in a local church setting? (15:23)
- In your mind’s eye, what does it look like when the Church Life Coordinator ministry is functioning in a healthy way? (20:30)
- What are some best practices that facilitate the healthy functioning of a congregation’s church life? (30:35)
- Focused on Hope videos – The Workshops and Main Sessions from the Virtual Celebration are available, along with discussion questions so that you can contextualize with your team.
- The Playful God – An Equipper article about games, humor, dance, singing, and unadulterated silliness are basic human needs.
- Stages of Faith Discipleship – A tool for understanding common stages of faith development experienced by followers of Jesus.
- Discipleship: When Is Enough Enough? – An Equipper article about the relational side of being and making disciples.
Follow us on Spotify, Google Podcast, and Apple Podcasts.