What is the GCI Pastoral Resident Program?
The Pastoral Resident Program is a 2.5-year, hands-on pastoral ministry experience for those who have discerned a calling to pastoral ministry and have demonstrated potential for this vocation. This program is available to graduates of the GCI Ministry
Intern Program and those who, through involvement in their local church ministry, have gained substantial ministry leadership experience and demonstrated an aptitude towards pastoral ministry. We seek to raise generations of GCI pastors and
church planters equipped and empowered to participate in the ministry of Jesus Christ as expressed in GCI healthy churches and according to God-given gifting and calling.
Key Program Features:
- 2.5-year residency
- Paid, part-time work in the church, typically 25 hours per week
- Enrollment in a Master’s of Pastoral Studies or Master’s of Theological Studies at Grace Communion Seminary
- Currently offered at US Ministry Training Center
- Pastoral ministry mentoring, coaching, hands-on ministry training, pastoral ministry leadership opportunities, formal trainings, discernment of calling, participation in GCI events
- Fundraising: pastoral residents agree to fundraise 50% of their salary estimated at $9,900 annually. Upon acceptance into the program, pastoral residents will be asked to fundraise 10% of their annual fundraising goal prior to program
start date. Fundraising training and support will be provided.
Who is a Pastoral Resident Candidate?
- At least 18 years old with a bachelor’s degree
- Available and willing to devote 2.5 years to the pastoral residency without interruption, including enrollment in Grace Communion Seminary
- Available and willing to relocate to a Ministry Training Center if not already local
- Discernment of calling to pastoral ministry with demonstrated aptitude for this vocation
- Successful completion of Ministry Intern Program or equivalent church ministry leadership experience
- Understand and agree with GCI’s statement of beliefs and Trinitarian theology
Interested in pursuing a Pastoral Residency?
A written application (including $50 application fee, resume, and references) and interview are required for application to the program. Those considering application to the Pastoral Resident Program are encouraged to read chapters 1 and 4-9 of the Ministry
Intern and Pastoral Resident Manual to gain a fuller understanding of the program before applying. For more information about the program and to discuss application, please email GCI Development Coordinator Cara Garrity at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We invite you to support our leadership development programs by donating to the GCnext fund.